none
Adding a new Operation Contract in Service Contract won't expose if browsing via IIS RRS feed

• Question

• I have a strange problem.

I added a new Operation Contract in my existing WCF Service Contract. I am hosting it in local IIS. When I browse my service via IIS the new OC doesn't appear. But when I launch the service via Visual Studio I can see the new OC.

I don't understand why IIS is not exposing the new OC while it exposes the old ones.

In the WSDL generated via IIS, the new OC disappears. In the WSDL generated via VS, the new OC appears.

Thanks

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 6:55 AM

Answers

• I tried everything but none worked. 

I already have 30+ operation contracts in my service contract. It was working fine before but i dont know what happened suddenly.

Answer:

I changed release to debug in publishing settings. Worked fine.

Thanks

Wednesday, September 9, 2015 8:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Asif,

so the service is deployed correctly to the local IIS? You can use it?

See here: http://forums.asp.net/t/2002505.aspx?WCF+New+methods+are+not+updating+in+WSDL

If you can use the service in Visual Studio, that means it is deployed correctly. Now with the WSDL, that looks like a caching issue. Maybe your browser-cache?

Try to clear your browser-cache. Also restart the iss and try to browse the WSDL again.

Thomas Claudius Huber

"If you can't make your app run faster, make it at least look & feel extremly fast"

My latest Pluralsight-courses:
    XAML Layout in Depth
    Windows Store Apps - Data Binding in Depth

twitter: @thomasclaudiush
    homepage: www.thomasclaudiushuber.com

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 9:08 AM
  • I guess you recompiled and regenerated references.
    Tuesday, September 8, 2015 1:36 PM
  • Clearing the browser cache didn't work.  
    Wednesday, September 9, 2015 1:28 AM
  • Hi Asif Bhat,

According to this issue, I create a sample project and publish it on IIS. Then I add a new

operation contract in WCF and rebuilt it. Then it worked fine. So, I didn't know what's

wrong with you. May be you can delete the project which one is published on IIS.

You can try rebuilt and republish it.

Best Regards,

Grady 

Wednesday, September 9, 2015 6:38 AM

I already have 30+ operation contracts in my service contract. It was working fine before but i dont know what happened suddenly.

Answer:

Thanks

Answer:

Thanks