none
Missing Kinect10.dll when using Unity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all! I'm trying to get the Kinect set up with Unity, and I feel like I'm 9/10ths of the way there, but I can not figure out how to get past this problem. Every time I try to run my sample scene, I get:

System.DllNotFoundException: Kinect10.dll
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) KinectWrapper:NuiInitialize (KinectWrapper/NuiInitializeFlags)
      at KinectManager.Awake () [0x00019] in D:\Users\Admin\Desktop\kinect_test\Assets\KinectScripts\KinectManager.cs:868 
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    KinectManager:Awake() (at Assets/KinectScripts/KinectManager.cs:1005)

I've looks high and low for a solution to this, but the usual stuff - Reinstall, etc - have not worked. I did the installation with the Kinect disconnected from the computer, then plugged it in when the installation was over. I installed

KinectSDK-v2.0_1409-Setup.exe

Which I do believe is the most current, and I've tried this on 3 different computers and I always get the same answer. If anyone knows a solution, I would be grateful

Thanks!

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 6:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Here is a webpage  to the latest Kinect v2 unity plugin 

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=513177

This should give you "KinectForWindows_UnityPro_2.0.1410"

It will also give you a sample program that works in unity.

Use KinectView it shows you all the functions.

also go you your device manager and find the reference to "WDF KinectSensor Interface 0"

Right click on it and let it search for the latest driver install it if it finds one.

If you don't see it in the device manager you could have a USB 3.0 problem.

Saturday, April 1, 2017 5:48 PM