Wizard based x64 VC++ project creation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Using a wizard, I wish to let a user create a VC++ project. I'd like to give him options to configure the project, based on his needs, which would include, among others, a choice to have the platform in either 32 or 64 bit.

...like in the pic above.

However, I do not understand how to add the 64 bit configuration to the project. I suppose it can be done using the AddPlatform() function,  but the page says it doesn't work for VC++.

In this scenario, how do I add a 64 bit configuration to the project through the wizard, so the user does not have to do it himself once the project opens?

Kindly advise.

• Moved by Shu 2017 Thursday, January 29, 2015 1:31 AM better forum
    Tuesday, January 27, 2015 6:35 AM

Answers

• That's not a pic of the default wizard, rather a custom wizard which I was trying to develop using the VC++ Wizard Engine.

Anyway, to answer the question, if the default.jsd file is edited to include the following line :

proj.ConfigurationManager.AddPlatform("x64","Win32",true);

..then the 64 bit configuration is added to the created VC++ project.

• Marked as answer by tigrisofgod Friday, January 30, 2015 10:54 AM
    Friday, January 30, 2015 10:54 AM

All replies

• Hi tigrisofgod,

Thanks for posting in MSDN forum.

From your description, It seems that you want to develop a Visual Studio extension add-on which can lead your user to choose the right platform. There is a forum is specifiy for this issue.

Visual studio integrate forum.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=vsx

I find some helpful documents may helpful.

Creating a Custom Wizard

Best regards,

Shu Hu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Shu 2017 Wednesday, January 28, 2015 5:15 AM
    Wednesday, January 28, 2015 5:07 AM
  • Hello,

I've created a Custom wizard for a user to configure and start his VC++ project. It is almost finished, but for some reason, the project being created by this wizard has Visual Studio 2012 (V110), as its platform toolset, whereas I'm using VS2013 (VS120).

I have not set it so anywhere in the default.js file which is included alongwith the wizard.

Kindly advise on which property of the VC++ project needs to be modified in the default.js file, or anywhere else, so the correct platform toolset is selected by the wizard.

Thank you.

• Merged by Shu 2017 Thursday, January 29, 2015 1:30 AM duplicate
    Wednesday, January 28, 2015 11:47 AM
  • Hi tigrisofgod,

As far as I know, in VC++ Win32 Console Application's default Wizard, there's no wizard form like the first pic in your initial post. May I know where did you get this screenshot?

This is the default wizard form:

If you use VCProject object to add a PlatformName "x64", does it work fine to change the .vcxproj file Platform node to "x64"?

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, January 30, 2015 2:42 AM
  • That's not a pic of the default wizard, rather a custom wizard which I was trying to develop using the VC++ Wizard Engine.

Anyway, to answer the question, if the default.jsd file is edited to include the following line :

proj.ConfigurationManager.AddPlatform("x64","Win32",true);

..then the 64 bit configuration is added to the created VC++ project.

• Marked as answer by tigrisofgod Friday, January 30, 2015 10:54 AM
    Friday, January 30, 2015 10:54 AM