none
3DES encryption in BizTalk AS2 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm exchanging traffic with several trading partners using the BizTalk 2006 AS2 adapter.  Only one is having a problem.  That one can send AS2 traffic to me and I can receive an interpret it with no problem.  But when I send a message to them they can not decrypt it.  We have gone over the settings and everything matches.

Their software provider thinks the 3DES key size might be the problem.  They are using 168 for 3DES, which I understand to be the default for BizTalk.

Can someone confirm that the 3DES key size in BizTalk 2006 is 168?

Thanks,

Monday, November 10, 2008 2:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• The default 3DES key size is 192. can you try with 192 bits?

• Marked as answer by JimDawson Tuesday, January 20, 2009 6:32 PM
    Tuesday, November 11, 2008 12:10 PM
  • I am having this exact same issue, is there any way to change the key size in BizTalk to 168 ?

Thanks,

Neil

Tuesday, July 6, 2010 4:26 PM
  • Nevermind, my problem ended up being unrelated. The receiving party was unable to process my message because the MIME type that BizTalk sends is text/xml even when the content is EDI. I ended up having to create a custom pipeline component to strip the ContentType out and put "application/x-12" in it's place. If anyone else has this problem and needs more info, I would be happy to provide it. 
    Tuesday, July 6, 2010 9:17 PM
  • We've encountered the same problem, in addition to having to set the Document class to X12 and the Document Type for each X12 document sent.  We'd appreciate your input.
    May the wind at your back not be your own.
    Friday, September 30, 2011 3:51 AM