none
deployed visio addin - ConfigurationErrorException RRS feed

• Question

• I created with Visual Studio 2010 an application add-in for Visio 2010 and followed the following tutorial for creating a Windows Installer for this add-in: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff937654.aspx

The Installation works correct and the add-in is visible under the ribbon tab "Add-Ins".

If I debug the deployed it stops at the point where I create a Service Reference Client with "ConfigurationErrorException". Configuration system failed to initialize.

After deleting not needed AppSettings Section I'm getting this error: "InvalidOperationException: no default endpoint element for contract ServiceReferenceVisioAddIn.ServiceVisioAddIn in ServiceModel-Clientconfiguration section.

Any Ideas?

Regards,

Tim

• Edited by Tim Franzen Wednesday, September 5, 2012 12:24 PM
    Wednesday, September 5, 2012 9:56 AM

Answers

• The tutorial says that you have to add a registry key with "[TARGETDIR]ExcelAddIn.vsto|vstolocal"

Here is the problem, adding "file:///" before [TARGETDIR] (like Visual Studio Debugger does) solved my problem.

• Edited by Tim Franzen Wednesday, September 5, 2012 12:35 PM
    • Marked as answer by Tim Franzen Wednesday, September 5, 2012 12:35 PM
    Wednesday, September 5, 2012 12:35 PM

All replies

• Hello Tim,

maybe your event handler run out of scope as described here (search for "My Button Stopped Working")

Regards

Viktor

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 11:37 AM
  • Thanks for your answer. I managed to debug my deployed add in and I've updated my initial post.
    Wednesday, September 5, 2012 11:40 AM
  • The tutorial says that you have to add a registry key with "[TARGETDIR]ExcelAddIn.vsto|vstolocal"

Here is the problem, adding "file:///" before [TARGETDIR] (like Visual Studio Debugger does) solved my problem.

• Edited by Tim Franzen Wednesday, September 5, 2012 12:35 PM
    • Marked as answer by Tim Franzen Wednesday, September 5, 2012 12:35 PM
    Wednesday, September 5, 2012 12:35 PM
  • Hi Tim,

I'm glad to hear that you have solved your issue. Thanks for sharing your experience here. It's very beneficial for other community members who have similar problem to see how you solved yours.

Best regards,
    Quist

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, September 6, 2012 2:21 AM