How to Test CheckboxColumn in datagridview RRS feed

• Question

• User248267340 posted

My dgv is data-bound to an SQL server table, and works fine.

But when a user toggles the value (check or uncheck) in the dgv column, I need to test it.

I tried using the event CellValueChanged but it doesn't fire as soon as the checkbox changes value.

I know I'm not understanding this very well. The point is to have a column named "Completed" so that if a user has finished something,

he can check the empty box, and I would get the table updated for that column.

Any suggestions?

I'm using VS 2019 and the Dataset feature for dsg. All my past experience is with unbound dgv, so I'm a little lost right now.

Thursday, March 19, 2020 12:32 AM

Answers

• User-1330468790 posted

Hi, coreysan,

Is your project a WinForm application?

If so, I am afraid that we can not help since here is for problems about web forms data control.

I suggest you post the question in a right place, for example, https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=winforms, so that you could have your problem solved faster and more efficient.

Hope this can help you.

Best regards,

Sean

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, March 19, 2020 3:55 AM

All replies

• User-1330468790 posted

Hi, coreysan,

Is your project a WinForm application?

If so, I am afraid that we can not help since here is for problems about web forms data control.

I suggest you post the question in a right place, for example, https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=winforms, so that you could have your problem solved faster and more efficient.

Hope this can help you.

Best regards,

Sean

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, March 19, 2020 3:55 AM
  • User248267340 posted

Sean,

You are so right. I placed my question in the wrong category. I'm so sorry!

Corey

Thursday, March 19, 2020 4:31 PM