Error 1146 An exception occurred when deploying the database for the application. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a VS LightSwitch 2012 Project which will publish from one computer but will not publish from another computer.

Error:

Error    1146    An exception occurred when deploying the database for the application.

Failed to instantiate Microsoft.Data.Schema.Sql.SchemaModel.ExternalPropertyAnnotation because it was not registered.    C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\LightSwitch\v2.0\Publish\v1.0\Microsoft.LightSwitch.Publish.targets    1148    10

Environment:

1) SQL / IIS servers on the same box located in the cloud

2) Working computer is a laptop

3) Non-working computer is a desktop with at least twice the hardware in every aspect than the laptop.

4) Both computers are running VS 2012 v11.0.60315.01 Update 2

Originally the project was on the desktop. After trying everything I could think of, I copied the project to the laptop to publish. The project published without error from the laptop. I then created new folder on the desktop and copied the project from the laptop to the desktop. The desktop does not work.

Any thoughts on how to test / debug this problem would be greatly appreciated!

The following thread mentions the same error but I do not see a solution:

Same error but no solution

Thank you, Bill

• Edited by jessiedog Tuesday, May 7, 2013 4:45 PM
    Tuesday, May 7, 2013 4:26 PM