locked
In-App purchases RRS feed

  • Question

  • I added In-app purchases to the App, using the examples provided, I registered the ProductId on the App during the new release and changed the CurrentAppSimulator for CurrentApp as indicated by the example at MSDN.

    I then downloaded my own App on my desktop to try it out and it appears as the In-App purchases I published were already owned by me, is this because I'm the owner of the App? Or is there some problem with the in-app purchase?

    I managed to make it work fine using the CurrentAppSimulator but I'm not sure how others are seeing the in-app purchases now that the app is live.

    Sunday, February 17, 2013 1:30 PM

Answers

  • Hi Ealsur,

    So you've published your windows store app (with in-app purchase feature) into the windows store, correct?

    When you try downloading and installing the app, are you using a fresh machine on which you haven't performed some debugging (installing the debug version of your app)? Also, when testing, you can try signing with a different windows live id account (from your windows store dev account) to ensure that your developer account won't affect the behavior.


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

    • Marked as answer by Ealsur Tuesday, February 19, 2013 1:13 PM
    Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:15 AM
    Moderator

All replies

  • Hi Ealsur,

    So you've published your windows store app (with in-app purchase feature) into the windows store, correct?

    When you try downloading and installing the app, are you using a fresh machine on which you haven't performed some debugging (installing the debug version of your app)? Also, when testing, you can try signing with a different windows live id account (from your windows store dev account) to ensure that your developer account won't affect the behavior.


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

    • Marked as answer by Ealsur Tuesday, February 19, 2013 1:13 PM
    Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:15 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi Steven,

    Correct, I published the app on the store with the In-App purchases.

    I uninstalled the App (that gets installed when I debug it on VS) and installed it from the market.

    When I open it, the In-App purchases appear as I already have them (the lookup method on the licenseInformation returns isActive on true). I will try to test it on another computer or with another Live ID and see what happens, thanks!

    Tuesday, February 19, 2013 1:02 PM
  • It was the Development Machine.

    I used another machine to log into my account and the In-App purchases appear as not purchased (which is correct).

    If I do the same on the Development Machine, it shows them as purchased, must be something to do with the App being debugged on that machine.

    Tuesday, February 19, 2013 1:15 PM