none
Cannot See Entire Report Page RRS feed

• Question

• I am displaying a report (rdlc) in a ReportViewer control on a form. The report is grouped by individual names. The report contains a page break "between each instance of a group".

When an individual has an exceptionally long list of data to show in print preview, I cannot scroll all the way to the bottom of that group's report. For groups with less data, scrolling to the bottom is not a problem.

Any ideas as to what is causing this and how I can fix it?

Thanks,

Larry

Monday, December 11, 2017 6:02 PM

All replies

• Hi LarryS10,

According to your description, I can not reproduce this issue at my side. Can you share your project and some screenshots that can reproduce this issue here?

Best Regards,

Cherry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 8:56 AM
  • Hi Cherry,

You can use the link below to download and save a project that demonstrates this issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fqmeevprzzvqs9x/CCTest.zip?dl=0

When you start the project, Form1 appears with one button, "Show Report". When the report opens, click on the plus sign to the left of my name to expand the details. Then try to scroll all the way to the bottom line of the report which shows a total for "Amount". You cannot go that far!

Let me know if you need anything else. I would really like to get to the bottom of this.

Larry

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 2:48 PM
  • Cherry,

I have posted a link here where you can download and run a small project that reproduces this issue. I would appreciate it if you (or anyone else) would take a look at it and see if there is a way to resolve it.

Thanks,

Larry

Friday, December 15, 2017 2:22 PM
  • Hi LarryS10,

According to your description and related demo, I reproduce the issue, it seems that you UI could not render when the large of records. As a workaround, I would suggest that you increase the column(column name: Date, Name, Item) width.

Best regards,

Zhanglong Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 20, 2017 5:13 AM
  • Hi Zhanglong Wu,

With all due respect, that is not much of a workaround. For one thing, I have no idea how many records each user's reports will contain. And without knowing what the "limits" of the report is (i.e. the maximum number of records it can display at one time), how would I know how much to increase the column widths.

When you export this report to Excel or PDF, ALL the records and the total at the bottom are shown. So why does the print preview not show them all? What is the limit?

Larry

Wednesday, December 20, 2017 3:03 PM