none
Version Problem with Dependecy DLL RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone

My solution is the ReportControls from Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common and Microsoft.ReportViewer.WinForms. All projects in the solution reference version 9 of those. Anyway, I was using VS 2005 before and one project was accidently still referencing Version 8. Now all References are correct in VS 2008 but when I start the programm on another machine (on my it is working) it complains that it cannot find Microsoft.ReportViewer.WinForms Version 8?

btw, one of the dlls is registered with regasm /tlb to call it from a Delphi programm.

What could be the problem here, of course when the references are wrong in VS it cant work but now all seems to be set up correct.

Does anyone has an idea?
    • Moved by jack 321 Monday, September 22, 2008 6:18 AM more appropriate forum (Moved from Visual C# General to Visual Studio Report Controls)
    Thursday, September 18, 2008 2:21 PM

All replies

• The fastest solution for your problem is to include the old dll with your deploy package to be installed at the application path.

I hope this helps,

tfbasta
    Analyst
    Thursday, September 18, 2008 2:30 PM
  • I tried that, but then I am getting another erro, probably because my projects are referencing version 9 (which I replaced when copying the old version to the installation path)
    Thursday, September 18, 2008 2:41 PM