none
Outlook 2010 forms are run on another users desktop, the dropdown boxes and date pickers don't work. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Again

I have been able to send the forms that my co-worker and I developed, but when the user sees the forms, they are unable to choose the city or state field drop downs nor are they able to see the calendar to choose the date.  As a test, I sent the form to my co-worker she went into the development tab and ran the form and was able to see the fields.  I know that the visual basic code used is in the development side of the design of the form.  My question to you is how do we deploy the forms so the users don't see the development tabs but will still be able to choose the dates and the city, state, zip, country, and date fields?  Do we enable the developer tab on the users outlook? Can we enable it and hide it from the users?

I have attached a jpeg of the form for your help.

Thank you in advance for helping me with this task.  It seems once we get one issue figured out, we get hit with another issue.

Thanks again for your help.

Antoinette

Antoinette Sachetta

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 12:30 PM

Answers

• Anyone who is expected to run the form would need access to a published version of the form. That can be in an Organizational Forms library if you have Exchange server and public folders, or it can be where each user has the form published in their Personal Forms library. Custom forms won't run code and mostly won't run at all if they aren't published.

You really should review all the forms information at www.outlookcode.com, there's a lot you need to know and a lot of things that can trip you up with custom forms. Without being aware of all the issues a form design project is an exercise in frustration and corrupted forms.

--
    Ken Slovak
    MVP - Outlook
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007

"Aces0730" <=?utf-8?B?QWNlczA3MzA=?=> wrote in message news:eed42c2f-4687-4f0c-bb72-50373cd42f7a...

Hello Again

I have been able to send the forms that my co-worker and I developed, but when the user sees the forms, they are unable to choose the city or state field drop downs nor are they able to see the calendar to choose the date.  As a test, I sent the form to my co-worker she went into the development tab and ran the form and was able to see the fields.  I know that the visual basic code used is in the development side of the design of the form.  My question to you is how do we deploy the forms so the users don't see the development tabs but will still be able to choose the dates and the city, state, zip, country, and date fields?  Do we enable the developer tab on the users outlook? Can we enable it and hide it from the users?

I have attached a jpeg of the form for your help.

Thank you in advance for helping me with this task.  It seems once we get one issue figured out, we get hit with another issue.

Thanks again for your help.

Antoinette

Antoinette Sachetta

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 1:21 PM