CSS Friendly Menu Load Time on IE6 RRS feed

• Question

• User-2050257987 posted

First off, I love the CSS Friendly Menus.  They are easy to implement and render concise HTML.

I actually do my development testing in Firefox.  I went to test a page in IE6 and found that the page took way too long to load.  The HTML is rendered quickly.  But after the HTML is displayed for several seconds the progress bar at the bottom of IE stays just short of complete and you can not click on any input fields on a page or use the menus.  I went to the sample page for CSS Friendly Menus and found I had the same problem.  I visited the sample page on a laptop and had no problems with the load time. I ran process explorer while IE6 was loading a page with CSS Friendly Menus and found that IE would peg the processor during the load. Other pages without CSS Friendly Menus load in a reasonable time on the problem machine.

Basically I'm wondering if anyone has any idea what could be going on?  I know the problem is with my IE6 installation and not CSS Friendly Menus themselves based on my tests.  I'm somewhat concerned in that I'd hate for someone else to experience this same problem with my site.  Since I generally dont have any other problems with my IE6 installation I can see how someone with a similar problem would just think it is my site and not their browser.

Wednesday, May 7, 2008 3:54 PM

All replies

• User-1548791341 posted

Are you using the CodePlex version or the "release" version of the adapters?

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 12:11 PM