none
Which data structures contains references to the Table stream RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to know which are the data structures that contains references to the 0Table/1Table stream.

I've been looking at the Table stream from information contained in the FIB but apparent that is not sufficient.

Is there any documentation that specifies the steps to reconstruct a Word document?

Thanks!

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 11:40 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Kenny94, thank you for your question. A member of the protocol documentation team will respond to you soon.

Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 12:36 PM
  • Hi Kenny94, the MS-DOC document describes the structure of the .doc file format and can be used to understand how to 'reconstruct' a Word document. That is based on the MS-CFB format which is also necessary to understand to parse the file properly.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 3:56 PM
  • Hi JCurry,

Thanks for the reply. I have been trying to digest the the specification for a week (which I know is definitely insufficient) and decided to try reconstructing the Table stream to test my understanding.

From the specification, I am only able to identify references to the Table stream from the FIB. However, from my testing, I noticed that several parts of the data in Table stream are not being referenced by FIB, which is why I am unable to properly reconstruct the stream.

Can you point me to the right place to find all the references to the Table stream?

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 1:59 AM
  • Hi Kenny94, according to MS-DOC section 2.1.2 "This documentation refers to this stream as the Table Stream." Knowing that, you can search the document for instances of the word combination "Table Stream" to locate any other structures that might refer to it. Using this method, I found 4 other structures…

2.9.6 ATRDPost10

2.9.311 TBDelta

2.9.334 UidSel

2.9.335 UIM

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 5:13 PM