Text to speech and Speech Recognition by Robot in Simulated Enviroment RRS feed

• Question

• Assume Robot is present in the visual simulation enviroment. 
    Robot has to speak, like its has to say "hello..."
    How to do this in Robot Studio?

Task 2: 
    Speech Recognition: Robot has to recognize voice commnads
    like If uses has given command "joke", it has to say one joke
    and if user say "Music", robot has to play the music... how do I do that in Robot Studio?

I have seen the services Text to Speech and SpeechRecoginzer GUI, how to robot can do this things or how can I add this services to Robot.

Thanks in advance

-Reddy
    Monday, October 12, 2009 8:37 AM

Answers

• There are samples for each of these. Please look in samples\Technologies\Speech.

If you are looking for VPL samples, then have a look in VplExamples\Speech.

Trevor
    • Marked as answer by SRREDDY Monday, October 19, 2009 2:01 PM
    Monday, October 12, 2009 5:19 PM
  • :-)
    Speech examples under MRDS is for text to speech and speech to text convertions (sppech recognition)
    If you need to play a music file upon recognizing "Music" verbal command you need a service which is capable of playing a music file (a service capable of opening a file with default associate program). Then you may use that block in a VplDiagram to design a high level service (Brain logic) to recognize commands received trough Speech recognizing service and act upon them which in turns will issue a command to proposed file open service with a path to music file.

The File open service  I described here is hypothetical and not  included in RDS (as far as know) so it should be written (probably on C#) and it is not that much of a difficut task once service programming is understood. Or is there anybody who wrote one?Hope I made it clear.

Best Regards,
    Aravinda D.P.
    Sunday, October 18, 2009 4:12 PM
    I found that there is a service called SoundPlayer (see in the VPL service list tool box) that you can use to play sounds. However you need to provide the sound file as a .wav file. It accepts the path for the sound file as a  string input and plays the file synchronously or asynchronously.
    Best Regards,
    Aravinda D.P.
    • Marked as answer by SRREDDY Wednesday, October 21, 2009 2:19 PM
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 5:17 PM

All replies

• There are samples for each of these. Please look in samples\Technologies\Speech.

If you are looking for VPL samples, then have a look in VplExamples\Speech.

Trevor
    Monday, October 12, 2009 5:19 PM
  • OK now I got it.

Thanks
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 1:48 PM
  • If user say "Music", it has to play music like one song... how can I do that?
    how can I add music file to VplExamples\Speech?
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 1:53 PM
    Speech examples under MRDS is for text to speech and speech to text convertions (sppech recognition)
    If you need to play a music file upon recognizing "Music" verbal command you need a service which is capable of playing a music file (a service capable of opening a file with default associate program). Then you may use that block in a VplDiagram to design a high level service (Brain logic) to recognize commands received trough Speech recognizing service and act upon them which in turns will issue a command to proposed file open service with a path to music file.

The File open service  I described here is hypothetical and not  included in RDS (as far as know) so it should be written (probably on C#) and it is not that much of a difficut task once service programming is understood. Or is there anybody who wrote one?Hope I made it clear.

Best Regards,
    Aravinda D.P.
    Sunday, October 18, 2009 4:12 PM

• Thank you Aravinda, Thank you very much.
    I could not able to add music file to service, could you please mail the sample VPL/C# program which plays the music file when we give voice command music.

My ID: srini.vas.reddy@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance.

@Travor Taylor

Could you please help me in this regard.

Monday, October 19, 2009 6:13 PM
    I found that there is a service called SoundPlayer (see in the VPL service list tool box) that you can use to play sounds. However you need to provide the sound file as a .wav file. It accepts the path for the sound file as a  string input and plays the file synchronously or asynchronously.
    Best Regards,
    Aravinda D.P.
    • Marked as answer by SRREDDY Wednesday, October 21, 2009 2:19 PM
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 5:17 PM
  • :)
    Yes.. now I can able to load the  Music file, its working.

Am using samples\Technologies\Speech example as my reference,
    In that its recognizing only Move, Stop, Forward.... etc commands
    Its not recognizing "Music" verbal command, I think I have to add this command in file MoveCommands.grxml.
    I tried to modify "Stop" to "Music", but its not working.
    How can make that example to recognize "Music"?
    Please help me..

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 2:27 PM
  • Thanks..
    I have completed my work.
    Friday, October 23, 2009 6:44 AM