none
Outlook 2013 does not call Custom FormRegion for inline/reading pane RRS feed

• Question

• I am developing an addin for Outlook 2013 with a FormRegion that handles my own MessageClass called IPM.Note.SMS. I have ShowReadingPane = true in the manifest. Initially the item is formatted as a IPM.Note in the Preview Pane of Outlook Explorer. When I select the item then my FormRegion gets called twice, one time in Compose mode and one time in Preview mode, which is a bit late. When I close the Compose Inspector is now see the correct formatting of the item in the Preview Pane. I think that my FormRegion Factory should have been created when the item initially is displayed in the Preview Pane. Best regards Esben Rud Nielsen, Bankdata (DK)

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 1:55 PM

Answers

• I have now solved my issue by changing the message class to IPM.Post.SMS and calling post item.Post(). As my IPM.Note.SMS haven't been sent it was the draft message being shown in the reading pane.
    Monday, February 3, 2014 5:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

What kind of FormRegion you are developing with? Since this case is complex, I'm trying to involve some senior engineers into this issue and it will take some time. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for any inconvenience and have a nice day!

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, December 19, 2013 11:35 AM
  • Hi, I am developing a FormRegion of type ReplaceAll. It inherits from IPM.Note and will be used for sending TextMessages through a WebService. If the sending succeeds OK then the MailItem is saved in the users Sent Items folder. I simply want to disable fields and buttons when FormRegionMode is Preview or Read, but as I explains earlier the FormRegion isn't called at the right time.

Best regards

Esben Rud Nielsen

Thursday, December 19, 2013 12:27 PM
  • I have now solved my issue by changing the message class to IPM.Post.SMS and calling post item.Post(). As my IPM.Note.SMS haven't been sent it was the draft message being shown in the reading pane.
    Monday, February 3, 2014 5:44 AM