none
Leave now not able to see on mobile. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a simple HTML  direction_input panel web resource added on mobile. I am not able to view the 'leave now' properly on my mobile. Same web resource opened on Ipad 'leave now' can be seen properly. I also tried opening www.bing.com/maps on mobile to check how it looks on original site but every time I try hitting this URL it takes me to bing search page. Please let me know if this is known behavior if not what changes I need to make to view"Leave now" on my mobile. Attaching the screenshot of the same:

Thanks,

Vikas

Monday, August 20, 2018 5:48 AM

All replies

• Hi Vikas,

I have a simple HTML direction_input panel web resource added on mobile

What is "a simple HTML direction Input panel"?

When you say "On Mobile" what exactly do you mean? What devices/OS/browser?

Please remember we know nothing about your setup or your code so you need to provide far more detail so that we can actually see your issue.  I am just guessing that the following details may help you:

1. To show an input panel in HTML, try looking at https://www.bing.com/api/maps/sdkrelease/mapcontrol/isdk/directionsinputpanel

2. Try opening http://Maps.bing.com and see where that routes the page.  Likely the browser you are using forces a search rather than going directly to the maps page.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Monday, August 20, 2018 4:43 PM
    Owner
  • Hi,

Sorry for not being elaborative about the issue we are facing.

On mobile, I tried opening an HTML page consisting  Direction Input panel <div>, I tried opening this on my android mobile, chrome browser. I was not able to see 'Leave now' calendar completely. Screenshot:

Same HTML page when I open on the web, chrome browser I am able to view the proper calendar in 'Leave now' option. Is there anything we can do to view the calendar part of "Leave now" on our mobile, chrome browser.

One more thing we noticed early today morning that, till late night yesterday we were able to see the following view of "Direction Input Panel" on the web browser.

Now it has changed to below view. Just wanted to confirm if you are making any changes in API at our end if yes then will the below view will remain consistent in future:

Thanks,

Vikas

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 6:56 AM
  • Hi Vikas,

I don't know of any changes to the UI within the last 24 hours.  I don't use Google Chrome however so they may have pushed an update to their DOM to allow HTML5 to be rendered more consistently.  Only Google can answer questions regarding how their browser displays pages.  You could try the same experiment in Edge / Edge for Android and see if there is any difference.

The Bing Maps V8 control is HTML 5 so any browser that supports showing HTML 5 should display the control.

Unfortunately, I still have no insight into your code so can only refer you back to our sample code as a guide to how it should work.  For example, layout settings and position definitions within your code could change the controls behavior.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 3:38 PM
    Owner