Embedding resources problem in Web App Project RRS feed

• Question

• User1935059134 posted

Hello,

I have a weird problem with Web App Project. I am using Global Resources and Local Resources.

Everything was working fine for over a week while developing, but suddenly local resources stopped working and I have an error saying resource class cannot be found for this page.

Additionally, I have noticed that the compilation process creates bin\aspx and bin\Master language versions which is obviously incorrect and does not happen on other computers.

This is happening only on my development PC. On another PC it is working correctly.

The website doesnt work in IIS or dev server.

I have tried the workarounds (clear temp asp files, change web.config), reinstalled .NET framework.

Anyone had the same problem with bin\aspx and bin\master directories ?

Anyone knows how to fix this without reformatting the drive ?

Thursday, August 27, 2009 12:49 PM

All replies

• User-1136466523 posted

Hi,

I have noticed that the compilation process creates bin\aspx and bin\Master language versions which is obviously incorrect and does not happen on other computers.

Since you mentioned that the dlls which genrated from compile process have been changed, could you please re-precompile your app again to generate new dlls in bin folder, and try to check if it works.

Thanks.

Monday, August 31, 2009 11:14 PM
  • User1935059134 posted

Happens everytime even with clean Bin, Obj directories.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009 4:45 PM