none
Changeing User Interface Language RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I am currently learning on VB 2005 Express Edition.  I need to write a application that supports 2 languages for the user interface.  It does not seem possible in Express since it does not seem to have the resource file tools necessary.  Will VB 2005 Standard edition do it or do I need to go to Professional edition?  Or, is there another way I can develop a multilanguage application?  Perhaps using a database of translations?  Or ????

thank for your help in advance

Thursday, May 10, 2007 10:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I am sure you'll be able to do it with express edition if you tried. I have never used express myself but it should be possible as the process of loading satellite assemblies is controlled by the runtime. Of course I am not sure what tools you do have available but I think if you used free resource tools (Lutz Roeder's Resourcer for example) you could do it.

You know about satellite assemblies and how they work?

If you do a search on them and see how they work and how to create them without the IDE I am sure you'll get it working.

I wouldn't go the database route as your going to have to handle the displaying of all the text for every control yourself...

I'd use whats there.

Friday, May 11, 2007 11:20 AM