none
.Net 2.0 Configuration Tool (mscorcfg.msc) and SDK 3.5 RRS feed

• General discussion

• I'm looking for the .NET 2.0 configuration tool, but it appears that .NET 2.0 SDK wasn't installed on my machine.

When I visited the download page for it, I see this description:

==========
    NOTE: This version of the .NET Framework SDK SDK has been superceded by the Windows SDK for Windows Server 2008 and .NET Framework 3.5. This version of the Windows SDK is available as either a
    Web Install or
    DVD ISO image
    ==========

So I spent the next few hours (and a good portion of my monthly download quota) getting the "superceded" windows SDK. But now that I've installed it, I still can't find the .net configuration tool (mscorcfg.msc). 

So my question is... is that note correct? did I do something wrong? What I do know is I'm out more than 1 gb of download quota for the month and more than 1 gb worth of hard disk space taken for an entire SDK which does not include the one tool that I'm looking for.

And before the CASPOL.exe suggestions come in, please note that I'm looking specifically for mscorcfg.msc. So hopefully that would save both of us some time to read/write about what CASPOL does, how it is similar/different to mscorcfg, and how I can use that instead).

Thanks.
    • Changed type YiChun Chen Friday, May 15, 2009 2:52 AM Do not follow up
    Saturday, May 9, 2009 6:39 PM

All replies