none
Have a Windows 2008 Server R2 VL key, but not for Windows 2012 Server key RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a Visual Studio Premium with MSDN subscription.  We were issued a Windows 2008 Server VL key.  But for some reason, cannot obtain a Windows 2012 Server VL key.   

What is the reason for this omission?  Did  the VL policy change?

Regards,

Viet

• Edited by vietao Friday, October 5, 2012 4:03 AM
    Friday, October 5, 2012 3:33 AM

Answers

• my VS Ultimate with MSDN (via Volume Licensing) looks like this:

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

• Edited by DonPick Monday, October 8, 2012 7:54 AM add my MSDN type
    • Marked as answer by Mike KinsmanModerator Monday, October 8, 2012 1:05 PM
    Saturday, October 6, 2012 8:24 AM
  • Please take note for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012,  Open License, Open Value, and Open value subscription customers will not able to claim these software from Subscriber Downloads and VLSC as they are not entitled for VLK.

What the pop up message says:

While we offer this Volume Licensing (VL) build through Subscriber Downloads, VL customers (excluding Open License, Open Value and Open Value Subscriptions) must obtain product keys from the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).

Only administrators can access keys in the VLSC, so please contact your organization’s administrator for this key.

As a more immediate option or for customers that do not receive the key via VL, you can download the retail build of this product, which is available with a product key in this same section of Subscriber Downloads.

Monday, October 8, 2012 4:15 AM

All replies

• Dear Viet,

Server 2012 VL (MAK / KMS) License is still available if you have access to VLSC. Through MSDN Subscription you can only obtain Retail Keys.

Regards,
    prathaprabhu

• Proposed as answer by DonPick Saturday, October 6, 2012 8:23 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Mike KinsmanModerator Monday, October 8, 2012 1:05 PM
    Saturday, October 6, 2012 7:29 AM
  • my VS Ultimate with MSDN (via Volume Licensing) looks like this:

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

• Edited by DonPick Monday, October 8, 2012 7:54 AM add my MSDN type
    • Marked as answer by Mike KinsmanModerator Monday, October 8, 2012 1:05 PM
    Saturday, October 6, 2012 8:24 AM
  • Please take note for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012,  Open License, Open Value, and Open value subscription customers will not able to claim these software from Subscriber Downloads and VLSC as they are not entitled for VLK.

What the pop up message says:

While we offer this Volume Licensing (VL) build through Subscriber Downloads, VL customers (excluding Open License, Open Value and Open Value Subscriptions) must obtain product keys from the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).

Only administrators can access keys in the VLSC, so please contact your organization’s administrator for this key.

As a more immediate option or for customers that do not receive the key via VL, you can download the retail build of this product, which is available with a product key in this same section of Subscriber Downloads.

Monday, October 8, 2012 4:15 AM