none
WWSAPI - Cannot connect to web service via SSL and HTTP proxy authentication with NTLM, errorCode 0x803d0016, HTTP status 407 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I built a web service client using WWSAPI. The connection works via SSL (without HTTP proxy) and it works with SSL and proxy with basic authentication as well. When I try to connect using a proxy with NTLM authentication, then I get the errorCode 0x803d0016, HTTP status "407 (0x197)", "Proxy Authentication Required".

In WireShark I see only one HTTP request to connect to the proxy with NTLM Message Type: NTLMSSP_NEGOTIATE. The HTTP Response returns Status 407 and the connection ist closed. Comparing this to Internet Explorer - the Connection is not closed and a second request with NTLMSSP_AUTH is sent.

Why doesn't it make the complete NTLM handshake? Why wasn't sent the NTLMSSP_AUTH directly?

I oriented in the HttpCalculatorWithKerberosOverSslClientExample.

Using WS_HTTP_HEADER_AUTH_SECURITY_BINDING,
    WS_SECURITY_BINDING_PROPERTY_HTTP_HEADER_AUTH_SCHEME was set to WS_HTTP_HEADER_AUTH_SCHEME_NTLM, WS_SECURITY_BINDING_PROPERTY_HTTP_HEADER_AUTH_TARGET to WS_HTTP_HEADER_AUTH_TARGET_PROXY. I tried WS_DEFAULT_WINDOWS_INTEGRATED_AUTH_CREDENTIAL_TYPE but also WS_STRING_WINDOWS_INTEGRATED_AUTH_CREDENTIAL_TYPE.

Any idea?

Thanks

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 1:48 PM

All replies