none
How to change the existing webpart page design in project server 2007. need to add a button in webpart page and change the existing button on click event. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am using project server 2007, can any one please let me know How to change the existing webpart page design in project server 2007. need to add a button in webpart page and change the existing button on click event.

This change in design required in the Timesheet.aspx page of project server 2007.

Regards,

Sudhir

Monday, December 20, 2010 8:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Sudhir,

You can create custom web parts and add them to some PWA pages, but changing an existing web part in Project Server 2007 is not supported.

--Jim

Jim Corbin [MSFT]
    • Proposed as answer by Jim Corbin Monday, December 20, 2010 9:44 PM
    Monday, December 20, 2010 9:43 PM
  • Hi Jim,

I do understand that any customization would not be supported but I just need to call a javascript on save and submit button click.

I tried to edit the timesheet.aspx page,but did not see the source code for buttons.

please suggest.

Regards,

Sudhir

Monday, December 20, 2010 11:55 PM
  • Sorry, I don't have an answer for Project Server 2007. In the 2010 version, what you want to do is fairly easy with the ribbon.
    Jim Corbin [MSFT]
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 1:08 AM
  • Sudhir:

As Jim states, you can create your own webpart to inject your code into the page. Make sure that you've downloaded the SDK.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 1:46 PM
  • Thanks Jim and Gary. Let me tell you my exact requirement.

I have written a javascript for timesheet grid, this script would validate the comments text for the tasks for which actual hours were filled.

But the actual requirement is that this validation should happen during save and submit button click.

if comments are not filled (where it is required) show a prompt, else submit the timesheet.

pls suggest.

Regards,

Sudhir

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 3:17 PM
  • You need to write an event handler for the TimesheetEventReceiver.OnSubmitting event. The event handler would use C# or VB, not JavaScript, because it is a server-side routine. The SDK topic has a link to an example of creating an event handler.

--Jim

Jim Corbin [MSFT]
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 6:35 PM