Trying to trigger workflow for Survey got error" Failed to Start(retrying)" RRS feed

• Question

• I created an survey for the department i am working for. I did that at sharepoint designer 2007, then i created workflow and attached that with the survey page, i added conditions and actions when workflow is started upon item is created. But it throws me an error saying" Failed to Start(retrying)".

I dont know what going on , I saw in ablog saying windows sharepoint services 3.0 doesnt support attaching workflow into surveys. I dont know what else can be done to make this possible.

Can you please give me some advices, i am new on this field.

Thank You

Navin Pokhrel
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, April 14, 2011 6:19 PM Your error seems to be in Workflow (From:SharePoint - Design and Customization (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 5:39 PM

Answers

All replies

• Because starting a workflow from a survey response is not supported in Windows SharePoint Services 3.0. Although the Workflows option appears when you click the arrow next to a survey response, you cannot start a workflow from a survey response.

Similar Thread: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sharepointworkflow/thread/05e100d2-4bd0-40ea-8354-c8628cb06724

Solution :

Create a Custom List to act like a registration form to collect information from users. And after that add Workflow to this new created custom list.

Dare to promise
    • Marked as answer by David HM Monday, April 18, 2011 1:29 AM
    Friday, April 15, 2011 4:36 PM
  • Hi,

According to your description, in my opinion, your workflow could be failing for many reasons. Your best approach to solve this issue is to analyse the log first. And then check error in the log to resolve your problem.

Best Regards
    David Hu

Monday, April 18, 2011 1:40 AM