none
Billable Transasction Definition RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

it is total unclear for me how many billable transaction i need to prepare for.

I have a Xamarin App which currently runs on Android, we use the Xamarin Maps Control thats means Google Maps on Droid and Bing maps on UWP. We have a enterprise license for google, so all Geocoding and Route API will be done with Google Maps API. So only the plain "Maps is shown" is a relevant case for me. I have multiple places in my App where the Map is shown: Now I prepare for an UWP Version and would need to get a license for Bing maps and the docs don´t make that very clear for me:

"Any time a session is started and uses the Windows 10 UWP Map control with a valid Bing Maps Key, one (1) transaction is counted. A session begins with the load of the Windows 10 UWP Map control in an application and ends when the application is closed or the control is disposed."

I subclassed the control, put some Logging in the CTOR and Finalizer and compared that to the Usage Report. That absolutely does not match and I showed the doc to multiple people and nobody was sure what that doc really says.

I have at least 4 places with the control and due to the workflow might create them multiple times, while one Instance should be there all the time on the Main page.

Hope someone can explain that to me.

Best regards,
    Patrick

http://patrickgetzmann.wordpress.com/

Wednesday, November 4, 2020 3:35 PM

Answers

• Every instance of the map control you create will start a new session and incur a new billable transaction. If you create the control, destroy it, and re-create it that will be two transactions. It doesn't matter what thread or page the control is on, the construction of the control instance is what triggers the session.

In addition, the session will expire after some time so if you keep the control running for very long periods (typically more than one hour) you will also register additional sessions.

Wednesday, November 4, 2020 8:12 PM

All replies

• Every instance of the map control you create will start a new session and incur a new billable transaction. If you create the control, destroy it, and re-create it that will be two transactions. It doesn't matter what thread or page the control is on, the construction of the control instance is what triggers the session.

In addition, the session will expire after some time so if you keep the control running for very long periods (typically more than one hour) you will also register additional sessions.

Wednesday, November 4, 2020 8:12 PM
  • Thanks!

Does not bring me closer to a calculation of what License model i need to choose. Guess i just start with the smallest one and wait for the mails regarding over usage and relicensing... 

http://patrickgetzmann.wordpress.com/

Friday, November 6, 2020 9:27 AM
  • Hi Patrick,

Use your developer account for a month to get a usage curve for your solution.  Then extrapolate that over a year and that will define the level of transactions you should purchase.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Friday, November 6, 2020 6:57 PM
    Owner