none
Some data rows are missing when you call the ReadXML method to read data from typed dataset (DiffGrams not used) RRS feed

• Question

•  

In our biztalk application we are receiving few flat files which we convert into xml These xml files data we add to our typed dataset sequentially using readxml method. Each file adds a datatable in the dataset. The issue is at times few data rows from a file are missing when we do a select (to select the needed row) on that particular files corresponding datatable in our typed dataset though other rows are present which means few rows from the same xml file were added successfully while few others couldn't make it.

I am aware of one such bug:

FIX: Some data rows are missing when you call the ReadXML method to read data from separate DiffGrams for the same DataSet object in the .NET Framework 2.0

Bug #: 782

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919532/

But in my case DiffGrams is not used.

Any clue on this?

Thursday, October 16, 2008 10:11 PM

All replies

• I'm not immediately aware of other problems with ReadXml dropping/ignoring rows.

There are other issues like DataTable.ReadXml (w/ non-diffgram xml) that doesn't respect xmlTongue Tiedpace="preserve", but DataSet.ReadXml and DataTable.ReadXml (with diffgram) do respect significant whitepsace.

Do you the specific version of System.Data.dll that you have?

For example, .Net Framework V2.0 (with Visual Studio 2005) had 2.0.50727.42

.Net Framework V2.0 SP2  (with Visual Studio 2008 SP1) had 2.0.50727.1434

Would you be willing to post/share your xml file & select query?

Friday, October 17, 2008 12:09 AM