Could not load file or assembly 'msshrtmi... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an old LS2011 Silverlight in-browser application. I am not using Azure. I moved it to a new development machine and now I am having problems.

It works fine if I run using the Debug configuration.  When I change to configuration to Release I get the following error:

Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ServiceRuntime Critical: 102 : Unexpcted Exception During Runtime Startup:
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'msshrtmi, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'msshrtmi, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
       at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ServiceRuntime.RoleEnvironment.InitializeEnvironment()
       at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ServiceRuntime.RoleEnvironment..cctor()

=== Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: DisplayName = msshrtmi, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
     (Fully-specified)
    LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/ShotCare Apps/ShotTrack/ShotTrack/bin/Release/
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = C:\ShotCare Apps\ShotTrack\ShotTrack\bin\Release\bin
    Calling assembly : Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ServiceRuntime, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35.
    ===
    LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
    LOG: Using application configuration file: C:\ShotCare Apps\ShotTrack\ShotTrack\bin\Release\web.config
    LOG: Using host configuration file: 
    LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config.
    LOG: Post-policy reference: msshrtmi, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Users/davev/AppData/Local/Temp/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/ba51f66b/1aa7e8f2/msshrtmi.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Users/davev/AppData/Local/Temp/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/ba51f66b/1aa7e8f2/msshrtmi/msshrtmi.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/ShotCare Apps/ShotTrack/ShotTrack/bin/Release/bin/msshrtmi.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/ShotCare Apps/ShotTrack/ShotTrack/bin/Release/bin/msshrtmi/msshrtmi.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Users/davev/AppData/Local/Temp/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/ba51f66b/1aa7e8f2/msshrtmi.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Users/davev/AppData/Local/Temp/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/ba51f66b/1aa7e8f2/msshrtmi/msshrtmi.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/ShotCare Apps/ShotTrack/ShotTrack/bin/Release/bin/msshrtmi.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/ShotCare Apps/ShotTrack/ShotTrack/bin/Release/bin/msshrtmi/msshrtmi.EXE.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

Saturday, November 12, 2016 5:43 PM

All replies

• Hi Dave,

Could you download and install latest Silverlight SDK 5? and check whether it makes any difference.

Best regards,

Angie

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 14, 2016 3:21 AM
  • Hi Angie,

I downloaded the latest version on my older production machine a few months ago and it caused problems.  I'm not sure what the error was but I had to go back to an earlier version.

Thanks

Monday, November 14, 2016 3:59 PM
  • I just noticed that the same error occurs regardless of Release or Debug configuration.

This error is even on my older development machine which run but configurations just fine.

On my new machine the Debug runs fine but the Release version just freezes on the "Loading..." screen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

Monday, November 14, 2016 4:02 PM