none
AfterReceiveReply not firing with message callbacks RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I'm currently working with wsDualHttpBinding, and I cannot figure out how to intercept responses (at the client side via AfterReceiveReply) once a callback is invoked by a service.

The BeforeSendRequest is working properly but not the AfterReceiveReply. Note that I'm getting the expected responses from my services. The following is how I assign the endpoint behavior to my client:

client.Endpoint.Behaviors.Add(new MyEndpointBehavior());

Does callback response interception require special consideration that I missed out?

Thanks in advance.

Friday, January 3, 2014 9:28 PM

Answers

• I finally found the solution. In case someone else is having the same problem, you need to add the following to your ApplyClientBehavior method:

public void ApplyClientBehavior(ServiceEndpoint endpoint, ClientRuntime clientRuntime)
    {
         clientRuntime.CallbackDispatchRuntime.MessageInspectors.Add(new MyDispatchMessageInspector()); 

}

• Marked as answer by Arabian Nights Friday, January 3, 2014 11:05 PM
    • Edited by Arabian Nights Friday, January 3, 2014 11:11 PM Add code block
    Friday, January 3, 2014 11:04 PM

All replies

• I finally found the solution. In case someone else is having the same problem, you need to add the following to your ApplyClientBehavior method:

public void ApplyClientBehavior(ServiceEndpoint endpoint, ClientRuntime clientRuntime)
    {
         clientRuntime.CallbackDispatchRuntime.MessageInspectors.Add(new MyDispatchMessageInspector()); 

}

• Marked as answer by Arabian Nights Friday, January 3, 2014 11:05 PM
    • Edited by Arabian Nights Friday, January 3, 2014 11:11 PM Add code block
    Friday, January 3, 2014 11:04 PM

{

}

What is MyDispatchMessageInspector() ? It's not mentioned elsewhere. Glad you found a solution, but I am still hunting.
    Thursday, May 16, 2019 12:32 PM