Doesn't work Text to Speech, issue Exception calling service start RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody, I have installed the RDS 4 some days ago, but when I want to try the tutorial or samples about text to speech I can't do it.

For example I run the "Run DSS Node", in the web page I went to "Control Panel" and selected "create" into "Text to Speech" but not happen nothing!

I tried to install Text To speech SDK 5.1, changed the language of my pc and reinstall the RDS 4, but nothing! I would like if can give me some help.

Nícolas

On the "Debug and trace Messages" appears:

Exception calling service start: System.FormatException: La cadena de entrada no tiene el formato correcto.   en System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)   en System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)   en System.Speech.Internal.SapiAttributeParser.GetCultureInfoFromLanguageString(String valueString)   en System.Speech.Synthesis.VoiceInfo..ctor(VoiceObjectToken token)   en System.Speech.Internal.Synthesis.VoiceSynthesis.BuildInstalledVoices(VoiceSynthesis voiceSynthesizer)   en System.Speech.Internal.Synthesis.VoiceSynthesis..ctor(WeakReference speechSynthesizer)   en System.Speech.Synthesis.SpeechSynthesizer.get_VoiceSynthesizer()   en Microsoft.Robotics.Technologies.Speech.TextToSpeech.TextToSpeech.InitTextToSpeech()   en Microsoft.Robotics.Technologies.Speech.TextToSpeech.TextToSpeech.Start()   en Microsoft.Dss.ServiceModel.DsspServiceBase.DsspServiceBase.<StartService>d__52.MoveNext()
    Namespace http://schemas.microsoft.com/2006/05/texttospeech.html
    Category DsspServiceBase.ServiceStartException
    Level q1:Error
    Time 2013-04-30T00:10:25.1216236Z
    Subject Exception calling service start: System.FormatException: La cadena de entrada no tiene el formato correcto.   en System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)   en System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)   en System.Speech.Internal.SapiAttributeParser.GetCultureInfoFromLanguageString(String valueString)   en System.Speech.Synthesis.VoiceInfo..ctor(VoiceObjectToken token)   en System.Speech.Internal.Synthesis.VoiceSynthesis.BuildInstalledVoices(VoiceSynthesis voiceSynthesizer)   en System.Speech.Internal.Synthesis.VoiceSynthesis..ctor(WeakReference speechSynthesizer)   en System.Speech.Synthesis.SpeechSynthesizer.get_VoiceSynthesizer()   en Microsoft.Robotics.Technologies.Speech.TextToSpeech.TextToSpeech.InitTextToSpeech()   en Microsoft.Robotics.Technologies.Speech.TextToSpeech.TextToSpeech.Start()   en Microsoft.Dss.ServiceModel.DsspServiceBase.DsspServiceBase.<StartService>d__52.MoveNext()
    Source http://127.0.0.1:50000/texttospeech
    CodeSite
    <startservice><startservice></startservice></startservice>
    Tuesday, April 30, 2013 1:36 AM

Answers

• Please try the following

start the "DSS Command Prompt" (from your start menu (win7) or start page (win8))

type
    dsshost32 /p:50000 /t:50001 /m:samples\config\wpftexttospeechui.manifest.xml

After a few moments you should see a dialog called "TTS User Interface".
    Type into the text field and click "Say it!".

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 12:04 AM

All replies

• Please try the following

start the "DSS Command Prompt" (from your start menu (win7) or start page (win8))

type
    dsshost32 /p:50000 /t:50001 /m:samples\config\wpftexttospeechui.manifest.xml

After a few moments you should see a dialog called "TTS User Interface".
    Type into the text field and click "Say it!".

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 12:04 AM
  • Have not heard back from you in a while, so I marked the above as answered.

If you have further questions, even on the same topic, please start a new question thread as answered topics do not get as much attention.

Thanks!

Gershon

Monday, May 6, 2013 5:59 PM