none
PC wont connect to Kinect, USB3 with unknown bandwidth, No depth frames received from Kinect RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to connect my Kinect to my computer, I have the proper adapter and my system specs are as follows:

Operator: Windows 10 64bit

Ram: 8GB DDR3 Ram

CPU: Intel Core i5 4570 @3.2GHz

MB: Gigabyte Z87-D3HP-CF 

I have installed the Kinect SDK and then plugged in the Kinect to one of the 9 USB3 ports in the back of my computer (Attached to my motherboard) and all the drivers were properly installed. When I run the Kinect v2 Configuration Verifier I get two errors, one is on the USB controller tab. It says "Supported USB 3.0 port detected with unknown bandwidth. Kinect may or may not be compatible with your hardware" and is indicated with an orange exclamation point. The other error is in verifying Depth and Color Streams it says "No depth frames received from Kinect" and has a red X.  I cannot figure out what is wrong with my USB3 ports or why they are not working. Everything else in the Configuration Verifier came up with a Green Check.

Things I have tried:

1. Every USB3 port on my computer

2. Restarting my Computer

3. Uninstalling and Reinstalling SDK and Kinect Drivers

4. Verifying that the Kinect works with the on a friends PC (it does and I used all the same steps as on mine)

Another potentially noteworthy piece of information is that when I attempt to run the Kinect Studio all I get is the startup screen. It never actually loads. 

Please help,

Thank you!

• Edited by Spgaines Monday, October 24, 2016 10:48 PM
    Monday, October 24, 2016 10:47 PM

All replies

• If the sensor works for other machines then it's definitely a configuration issue or incompatibility issue with yours.

In case it's a configuration, I'd check Advanced settings on your Power Plan and check the settings that have to do with USB. Check this guide in the respective section.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 7:41 AM