none
Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Tabular and .Net Core 2.2 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a set of RESTful endpoints that are currently employing Framework 4.6. I am converting these to .Net Core 2.2 and am unclear as to the correct NuGet packages to utilize. There does not seem to be a corresponding .Net Core package for Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Tabular. I have attempted a number of different solutions, but most fail with the error, "Could not load type 'System.Security.Principal.WindowsImpersonationContext." 

Am I missing an obvious solution? These endpoints either process or create partitions in a SSAS Tabular database.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Best Regards,

Joe

Monday, May 13, 2019 11:48 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately Microsoft has not yet ported the Microsoft.AnalysisServices or Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient libraries to .Net core. I believe it is something they would like to do at some point, but as far as I am aware there are no timelines for this at the moment. So for the time being you will need to keep these endpoints using the full framework.

http://darren.gosbell.com - please mark correct answers

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 12:09 AM
  • Hi Joe,

Maybe you need to Port your code from .NET Framework to .NET Core. Please refer:

Port your code from .NET Framework to .NET Core

Best Regards,

Will

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 2:45 AM
  • Hi Joe,

Maybe you need to Port your code from .NET Framework to .NET Core. Please refer:

Port your code from .NET Framework to .NET Core

Best Regards,

Will

@Will - did you even read @joeseph's original question? This is exactly what he is trying to do, but he can't do this because he is referencing the AMO/TOM libraries and Microsoft has not released .Net core versions of these libraries.

As I said I've actually talked to the SSAS development team about this, it's something they would like to do - unfortunately there are other higher priority tasks on their plate at the moment and there are no timelines for when this work is likely to get done.

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 2:58 AM
  • @Will - did you even read @joeseph's original question? This is exactly what he is trying to do, but he can't do this because he is referencing the AMO/TOM libraries and Microsoft has not released .Net core versions of these libraries.

As I said I've actually talked to the SSAS development team about this, it's something they would like to do - unfortunately there are other higher priority tasks on their plate at the moment and there are no timelines for when this work is likely to get done.

OK. I got it.

Thanks for your reminder. :-)

Best Regards,

Will

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 6:30 AM