none
2003 excel document-level project to latest 2013 excel version. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have to deal with a very old excel 2003 targeted document-level project (developed using VS2005) migration to excel 2013 using VS2015.

Challenges I have are

1) I cannot load the project in VS2015 because the excel project templates are not available.

2)I cannot simply use the latest VSTO runtime to be able to load the old document-level customized excel.

If I create a new excel project in vs2015 targeting 2013 office system, can I make the changes to output xlsx file to load the same customization dll's that my old excel add-in was trying to load?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Aravind K

Wednesday, September 12, 2018 3:36 PM

All replies

• HI AravindKathiroju,

Unfortunately, I think you can't load the old Excel add-in of new VS IDE directly. According to my research, The Office Runtime is different for different versions of VS. You might to check this post to know that Required runtime on end-user .NET Framework version. 

Also, please see Upgrade and migrate Office solutions if you want to upgrade your project. 

Hopefully it helps you.

Best Regards,

Simon

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Thursday, September 13, 2018 7:31 AM