using asp.net with my dedicated server. RRS feed

• Question

• User-315016148 posted

I have a dedicated server for my websites and I use expression web 3 to build my websites and I would like to use asp.net to build some applications. What would I need to do with the server to make sure the asp.net controls will work. Does it have to be a windows server? Since asp.net is a free technology is there a download for my server?

I am a noob to asp.net so thanks in advance for the help.

Anthony

Monday, August 24, 2009 5:17 PM

Answers

• User1052258516 posted

So if my host for my dedicated server doesn't provide the asp server extensions is it best for me to find a host that does or is there another solution?

Personally I have yet to see a hosting provider not allow ASP.NET on their servers dedicated or shared unless thes servers were not Windows or they were being used for something other than web hosting only.

There are lots of ASP.NET hosting providers out there to choose from so if your provider does not allow them take your business elsewhere.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 9:43 AM

All replies

• User1052258516 posted

Does it have to be a windows server?

Yes

Since asp.net is a free technology is there a download for my server?

You should download the .NET Framework v2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 and apply all service packs for each.

Monday, August 24, 2009 8:27 PM
  • User-315016148 posted

So if my host for my dedicated server doesn't provide the asp server extensions is it best for me to find a host that does or is there another solution?

Tuesday, August 25, 2009 9:19 AM
  • User1052258516 posted

Personally I have yet to see a hosting provider not allow ASP.NET on their servers dedicated or shared unless thes servers were not Windows or they were being used for something other than web hosting only.

There are lots of ASP.NET hosting providers out there to choose from so if your provider does not allow them take your business elsewhere.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 9:43 AM
  • User-315016148 posted

That is kind of my thoughts at this point. thanks

Tuesday, August 25, 2009 11:51 AM