none
Problem Moving Outlook Mail via vba RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have an access application that is reading mails from Public Folder and saving the attachment,processing it and than moving the mail in Save folder. This process is run via Timer and a specific Computer is assigned for running the process.

IE 11 installation  was done on that Specific Computer and since than we are facing issue.

The issue is application is reading the mails,processing it but instead of moving it to save folder it is copying the mail. And thus same email is getting processed again and again.

Can we get some logs from outlook regarding the issue.

We have logs in MS Access but its not of much help.

Thank for the help!

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 1:10 PM

All replies

• You need to step through your VBA code and identify what is causing this. You might also publish your code part that moves or copies the emails for others to try.

Best regards, George

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 1:16 PM
  • Hello SrishKH,

What exactly do you use for saving emails? 

Looks like the Copy method of the MailItem class is used instead of the Move one. Take a look at the Getting Started with VBA in Outlook 2010 article.

Also you may find the How to automate Outlook from another program article helpful. 

[custom.development]

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 1:32 PM
  • Hi George,

Thank you for your answer. Its the normal code that we use by using Namespace 'MAPI'.
    One more thing I forgot to mention is that this issue occurs only in evening. When the Timer is restarted in morning everything works fine.

It can be an issue with outlook access.

But How can I track it. Currently I am adding logs in Access but I dnt think it will sufficient to reach to the root cause of the issue.

Regards,

Srishti

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 4:24 PM
  • Only in the evening? Either you are joking with us or you have an internet connection that shuts off at a certain time.

Best regards, George

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 4:39 PM
  • Hi, SrishKH

• you mention that occurrence of this issue is started after installing IE11.
    • so did you try to uninstall the IE11 and check that problem is still occur or not?
    • try to do this can help to narrowdown this issue.

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 1:22 AM