Custom Cell Formatting - Display a Fraction Instead of Percent or Decimal RRS feed

• Question

• User-777992925 posted

I'm having a minor issue at the moment with getting one of my cells to display a fractional result instead of a decimal or percentage.

So I'm looking for something like...

TotalAwards / TotalPeople (ex. 130 / 140)

The actual expression for the cell is...

=Count(Fields!FullName.Value) / Lookup(Fields!ServiceName.Value, Fields!ServiceName.Value, Fields!TotalPeople.Value, "TotalPeople")

So I cannot just go to the design view and type in [Count(FullName)] / [Lookup(ServiceName,ServiceName,TotalPeople,"TotalPeople")], instead I believe my solution will probably come from using the custom formatting of the cell (keep in mind that "# ???/???" or "###/###" do not work as custom formats.)

Could anyone help me with this?

Thanks,

Mike

Thursday, June 23, 2011 11:29 AM

Answers

• User2105670541 posted

why dont you write :

=Count(Fields!FullName.Value) & "/" & Lookup(Fields!ServiceName.Value, Fields!ServiceName.Value, Fields!TotalPeople.Value, "TotalPeople")

or
    =Count(Fields!FullName.Value) & "/" & Count(Fields!OtherFieldName.Value)
    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 1:24 PM

All replies

• User2105670541 posted

why dont you write :

=Count(Fields!FullName.Value) & "/" & Lookup(Fields!ServiceName.Value, Fields!ServiceName.Value, Fields!TotalPeople.Value, "TotalPeople")

or
    =Count(Fields!FullName.Value) & "/" & Count(Fields!OtherFieldName.Value)
    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 1:24 PM
  • User-777992925 posted

I can't believe I never thought to try and concat the values together with the slash in the middle.

Excellent answer and thank you very much for the quick response, definitely saved me a bunch of time on this.

Thursday, June 23, 2011 2:12 PM