XNA Express - Windows XP Home Support? RRS feed

• Question

• I've been looking around and trying to determine what version of Windows is needed to be able to install and run XNA Game Studio Express. My main question is whether or not it will work with Windows XP SP2 Home Edition. The FAQ just states Windows XP SP2 (as I've pasted below). I have in the past tried to install programs that say they work with Windows XP SP2 only to find that they really mean Windows XP SP2 Professional edition. They wouldn't work with Home edition. I'm assuming that it will work since it's an Express edition, just like all the other .NET language Express editions, but I just wanted to make sure. I don't want to have to upgrade my machine if I don't have to. (And please, no arguments about why I should upgrade to Pro. I already know the benefits.) Thanks to anyone who can help!

>>Copied from the FAQ
    >>Q: Which versions of Windows does XNA Game Studio Express support?
    >>A:
    XNA Game Studio Express is currently limited to Windows XP SP2 only. Once Windows
    >>Vista is released, XNA Game Studio Express will be fully supported on that version of
    >>Windows.
    Monday, August 28, 2006 6:01 PM

Answers

• I have XP home, and I use VS 2005 just fine (as well as C# express, since I will soon be needing it). Without professional, you cannot build and run certain things like web services, but otherwise there is no problem with home.
    Monday, August 28, 2006 6:06 PM