How to send sms via bluetooth RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I would like to know how to send sms from pc to mobile phone via bluetooth using the phone as a modem. Someone please give me a step by step instruction on how to do this. I would like it to be a part of my project which im doing using Visual C# in Visual studio 2010 (windows form app).

Since i am new in using C# , I would prefer a stepwise instruction in implementing it.

Friday, September 28, 2012 3:41 PM

Answers

• Not possible using Windows Forms. Talk to your wireless service provider for SMS APIs, or the manufacturer of the phone if you want to automate your phone to send SMS.

Note in some countries you have to be a licensed service provider to be able to use SMS APIs from carriers.  

Visual C++ MVP

• Proposed as answer by Gopinath.S Monday, October 1, 2012 7:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bob Shen Friday, October 5, 2012 8:01 AM
    Sunday, September 30, 2012 7:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I would like to know how to send sms from pc to phone via bluetooth using Visual C#(Windows Forms app) .It would be good if i get stepwise instructions

as im new to this and would like to implement it as a part of my final year project.

Thank You in advance..

• Merged by Bob Wu-MT Monday, October 1, 2012 9:32 AM
    Sunday, September 30, 2012 1:10 PM
  • Not possible using Windows Forms. Talk to your wireless service provider for SMS APIs, or the manufacturer of the phone if you want to automate your phone to send SMS.

Note in some countries you have to be a licensed service provider to be able to use SMS APIs from carriers.  

Visual C++ MVP

• Proposed as answer by Gopinath.S Monday, October 1, 2012 7:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bob Shen Friday, October 5, 2012 8:01 AM
    Sunday, September 30, 2012 7:04 PM
  • So far I know only one source where you can send free sms text from PC I used it often to send free text to Lebanon and UK. I think this works using the same concept where messages are routed to modem and then carriers.

Default router passwords

Thursday, October 4, 2012 9:19 PM