none
EDI Tutorial - Piplelines Missing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am following along with the video tutorials and when I get to the point where I am supposed to set up my Receive Ports I am only showing PassThruReceive and XMLReceive in my Receive Pipeline drop down. At this point in the tutorial I am supposed to looking for EdiReceive, however when I pause the video I see other pipelines that are showing up in his drop down that are not in mine. From his drop down, it appears that I am missing 5 pipelines in all:

AS2EdiReceive, AS2Receive, BatchControlMessageRecvPipeline, ResendControlMessageSplit, EdiReceive

I found another post where someone else had a similar problem, only in his case only the EdiReceive was not showing up. All the rest above were showing in his so I'm not sure what to do to fix this.

Thanks.

Windows Vista Ultimate (SP2) Visual Studio 2010 Premium Biztalk 2010 Developer Edition
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 11:39 AM

Answers

• You have to make a reference to the EDI. right click the application adn then go to refernces. In references you will add the BizTalk EDI application. Click apply and then your pipelin will be there.
    Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    • Marked as answer by haydnguy Wednesday, October 20, 2010 12:11 PM
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 12:00 PM

All replies

• You have to make a reference to the EDI. right click the application adn then go to refernces. In references you will add the BizTalk EDI application. Click apply and then your pipelin will be there.
    Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    • Marked as answer by haydnguy Wednesday, October 20, 2010 12:11 PM
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 12:00 PM
  • Hi

I had the same issue , but not a first timer , I have added reference to EDI Application, worked out few examples.

Then I was trying to remove a send port which was referenced by a party.I removed the reference from the party and then tried to delete the send ports.

BizTalk still complained about referenes in MgmtDB. I removed the parties ,and then successful in removing the send ports.

Now , I tried to create a send/receive port. Ghost. the AS2EdiSend/Receive pipelines disappeared.

i tried referencing EDI Application several times ,but no luck. Reconfigured EDI /AS3 Runtime again. back on track without any issues.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Sullu
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 11:26 AM
  • Hi Sullu,

Thanks for replying. My particular problem was a "newby" issue, but while I was waiting for a reply I found something in the "Known Issues" that at first I thought might be my problem since I was redeploying in Visual Studio at the project level. Unrelated to my problem but might help someone else in the future so I'll post the link:

Artifacts Disappear from Configuration Database on Redeployment of Assemblies from Visual Studio

When a BizTalk Server project is redeployed at the project level within Visual Studio, all artifacts contained within the project that reference the project being redeployed will appear to vanish when the BizTalk Server MMC is refreshed.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa952588(v=BTS.70).aspx

Windows Vista Ultimate (SP2) Visual Studio 2010 Premium Biztalk 2010 Developer Edition
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 7:14 PM
  • Oh Great.Thanks very much.
    Cheers
    Monday, October 25, 2010 10:03 AM