Problems creating a Project in Visual Studio 2012 using the App for Office 2013 template RRS feed

• Question

•  I've installed the preview 2 of the development tools on windows 7 x64 with Visual Studio 2012 and always get "Value cannot be null. Parameter name:path" error when I try to create a project. I've tried Uninstall/Install, different IIS options,different locations etc but nothing has help

Cheers
    Glen

Monday, November 26, 2012 11:41 PM

Answers

• Hi Glen,

When you install the VS 2012, what components did you choose to install? Have you installed Web Developer Tools? You can check that in the About dialog.

Thanks,

Xiaoying

Xiaoying is a program manager in Microsoft Visual Studio SharePoint Developer Tools team | This post is provided "as-is"

• Marked as answer by Glen ScalesMVP Tuesday, November 27, 2012 10:50 PM
    Tuesday, November 27, 2012 1:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Glen,

When you install the VS 2012, what components did you choose to install? Have you installed Web Developer Tools? You can check that in the About dialog.

Thanks,

Xiaoying

Xiaoying is a program manager in Microsoft Visual Studio SharePoint Developer Tools team | This post is provided "as-is"

• Marked as answer by Glen ScalesMVP Tuesday, November 27, 2012 10:50 PM
    Tuesday, November 27, 2012 1:22 AM
  • Thanks Xiaoying I didn't have that installed I fixed that part but i just now get the following error

I do have EWS Managed API installed and I've tried reinstalling both the 1.2 and 2.0 version as well as doing a full reinstall of visual studio which doesn't seem to have helped this problem

Cheers
    Glen

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 5:18 AM
  • Hi Glen,

You don't need to manually install the EWS Managed API, because it's installed for you when you run Preview 2 setup through Web Platform Installer. After you reinstalled the Visual Studio, have you reinstalled the Preview 2 tools again?

Thanks,

Xiaoying

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 6:10 PM
  • I had reinstalled Preview 2 again without any luck.  But I did find the problem I had the 64 bit version of the Managed API installed and Preview 2 wants the 32 bit version so removing the 64 bit version and allowing it to install the 32 bit version of the Managed API seems to have fixed the issue.

Cheers
    Glen

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 10:50 PM