Controls tab order RRS feed

• Question

• I have 4 text boxes and 3 buttons in my application.  When I try and scroll through them with my phones Directional pad they go in the order in I installed them only.  How to i free them up.

I want the ability to go backwards if needed

Thanks

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 5:31 PM

Answers

• Changing the tab order seems to work okay for me.

If you are interested in capturing the d-pad movement of the phone, you can look at this list of keys and key codes.   For most of the keys, the event is WM_KEYDOWN , and the message contains information about the key that was pressed.

Thursday, April 1, 2010 10:24 PM

All replies

• What do you mean by "free them up" ?

You could try playing around with the tab-order of the controls,

If you are developing in native (c/c++):
    To change the tab order first open the dialog in the Visual Studio resource editor, a Format menu appears. Select "Format -> Tab Order ". A number appears on the top-left of all the controls denoting the tab order of that control. Double click on any number to start numbering the controls from 1 and then click on other controls to number them 2, 3, 4 and so on..

And if your application is a managed one, select the control and go to the properties of that control, you should see a "Tab Order" property. You can change the tab orders of the controls directly.

Prabhu
    www.geekswithblogs.net/techtwaddle

Thursday, April 1, 2010 1:34 AM
  • The tab order doesnt seem much to do with the way the directional pad works.  I want to use my phones directional pad to move through the different controls.

Better yet,  what event captures the phones directional pad movement?

Say for instance the phone below.

http://chibichan86.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/att-samsung-blackjack-ii-i617.jpg

Thanks

Thursday, April 1, 2010 11:59 AM
  • Changing the tab order seems to work okay for me.

If you are interested in capturing the d-pad movement of the phone, you can look at this list of keys and key codes.   For most of the keys, the event is WM_KEYDOWN , and the message contains information about the key that was pressed.

Thursday, April 1, 2010 10:24 PM