none
Webforms printing from custom button RRS feed

• Question

• I have webforms report viewer on an ASP page that allows visitors to view and print reports from a report server.   It works great, however, the visitors tend to be older and not so tech savvy and they tend to have trouble identifying the printer icon on the report viewer toolbar. 

I would like to include a large button marked "print" next to the viewer on the page for them.  I would like the button to still use the RSClientPrint ActiveX control.  My code is in C#.

I have found lots of options for writing a print button to print a local report, but none for printing a server report using RSClientPrint.  Can anyone point me in the direction of some help?  Do I need to use the ServerReport.Render() method? 

I am way out of my depth here, any advice would be appreciated.

Thursday, January 24, 2008 8:27 PM

Answers

• There is documentation on using the ActiveX print control in your own application here: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms159195.aspx.  If you initialize the ActiveX control to point directly to the report server you shouldn't have to write much code at all.  When the viewer uses it, it always points the ActiveX control at the web application and relays the request, in case the report server is behind a firewall, for example.

Friday, January 25, 2008 9:41 PM