none
Test Failover not in Network

Question

• I have a VMM-Cloud set up in the Azure Site Recovery, but when I do a Test Failover, the VM is not deployed in the network.

I also tried it with mapping the networks, but this is also not working.
    Does anyone have an idea why the VM is not deployed in the NorthEUNew network?

As you can see I selected the network when i did the Test Failover.

But when the VM is deployed it is not getting an IP in the network:

I never had though a problem on my old test setup when I was using just a Hyper-V host and not VMM.

JOB ID
    02d6230e-4099-4120-9b58-b768cfdbee00-2015-05-26 17:51:29Z

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 6:20 PM

Answers

• Looks like the problem is with the VMM setup. Do you know why the VM Network shows 'None'? Is that what you have named your VM Network?

Also what do you see in when you go to the Configure tab of the virtual machine in ASR UI? Do you see an azure virtual network there?

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Thursday, May 28, 2015 9:28 AM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi Pascal90909,

Kindly check if the primary VM on the VMM site is connected to the appropriate on-premises network. How network mapping works is, when you specify the mapping from N1 -> N2 , any VM connected to N1 on-premises will get connected to N2 on Azure. If the VM is not connected on-premises, it will not be connected to any network on Azure

Thank you,

Ruturaj

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 5:07 AM
    Owner
  • Hi Ruturaj

From my understanding it should be mapped. I already tried a few thinks that's why at the moment all networks are mapped to the one in Azure.
    But should the mapping even matter? I mean I can choose the network at the beginning of the test failover?

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 12:32 PM
  • The above screenshot is from Hyper-v UI. How does the it show up in the VMM?

You might also get some ideas if you open Environment Details dialog on the TFO job.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 4:22 PM
    Owner
  • Hey,

I can see the following error under environment details, but I don't really know how I am supposed to fix it:

This is what it look like in VMM. I must say I also never really worked with VMM before, but it was an requirement for the new test enviroment.

Thursday, May 28, 2015 8:15 AM
  • Looks like the problem is with the VMM setup. Do you know why the VM Network shows 'None'? Is that what you have named your VM Network?

Also what do you see in when you go to the Configure tab of the virtual machine in ASR UI? Do you see an azure virtual network there?

Thursday, May 28, 2015 9:28 AM
    Owner
  • Hi Pascal - kindly let us know if you have have more details around the issue so that we can help you.

Thank you,

Ruturaj

Thursday, June 04, 2015 9:57 AM
    Owner
  • Hi Ruturaj, yeah it looks like something is not correctly setup in VMM and the VM Network. But to fix this I am waiting on my internal IT, because I only have remote access on the Server and I dont know the physical Network setup of the Hyper V Cluster.

Thursday, June 04, 2015 1:19 PM