none
ISA11 as"<" symbol -- Outbound - BTS2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I got an outbound EDI batching issue(working on BT server 2009). My client needs ISA11 as"<" symbol, it works perfect when i used it without batching. But BT throws the following error when i used with batching.

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: BizTalk Server 2009
    Event Category: (1)
    Event ID: 5754

Description:
    A message sent to adapter "FILE" on send port "XXX" with URI "XXX" is suspended.
    Error details: There was a failure executing the send pipeline: "XXX" Source: "EDI assembler" Send Port: "XXX.EDIBatching" URI: "XXX" Reason: Name cannot begin with the '<' character, hexadecimal value 0x3C. Line 1, position 346. 

I tried to encode in a different way, like as "&lt;" as said in this link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb246093.aspx

but i cannot really type"&lt;" as it accepts only one charachter i.e., "&"

I really appreciate if you could help me out in this.

Friday, May 4, 2012 1:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This is a known issue, and the explanation is there in the link that you are referring to . Excerpt. :When you use one of these encoded forms, each character in the encoded form will be counted as an individual character when BizTalk Server validates the field for its length restriction in the Partner Agreement Manager (PAM) screens in the BizTalk Server Administration console. For example, even though the encoding "&lt;" would represent a single character "<" in the batched EDI interchange, BizTalk Server would count this as four characters when validating against the length restriction of the particular field. This is an issue for PAM only, not for the EDI Assembler".

Regards,
    Bali
    MCTS: BizTalk Server 2010,BizTalk Server 2006 and WCF
    My Blog:dpsbali-biztalkweblog
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Mark As Answer or Vote As Helpful if this helps.

Sunday, May 6, 2012 12:42 PM