Visual Studio 2017 fails to debug after Windows 10 Version 1703 update RRS feed

• Question

• My solution debugged yesterday.

Today after the update, it won't connect to the port being used by VS.

I can connect to localhost but not localhost:xxxxx

Need a solution asap please Microsoft.

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 2:38 PM

All replies

• For anyone who comes across this, after trying loads of suggestions via Googling, the only thing that worked was deleting the hidden vs folder in each of my solutions. Open with Visual Studio 2017 and it obviously rebuilds this folder and hey presto works.

Microsoft.................TAKE NOTE..................it's not just consumers who use your products, it's DEVELOPERS as well. So can you PLEASE notify us of the updates which may affect the work we do so we can have a fighting chance of rectifying the mess you leave us in.

If I could find a way of doing it, I'd bill you for the £500 I lost today...............................!!!!!!!!

• Proposed as answer by laurens vdb Wednesday, September 20, 2017 9:01 AM
    Tuesday, September 19, 2017 3:44 PM
  • Hi stumac1968,

Welcome to the MSDN forum and thank you for your sharing.

>>Today after the update, it won't connect to the port being used by VS.

If the only change that you made to your computer and VS is installed the 1703 update, then lead to this issue, please go to Help-Send Feedback-Report a problem to raise up this issue to the VS Product Team, and sorry for this inconvenience.

It seems your issue is solved, right? If so, could you please mark it as answer and that will help other community members who meet the same or similar issue to easier search this useful information, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 8:56 AM