none
Old Version of Bing Maps RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

since Monday I'm not able to change to the old Bin Maps Version.

I't was possible to change to the old Version by clicking on a button before, but now the button is gone.
    I tested this on 5 different PCs, the strange thin is, that the old Version opened instandly on one of these 5 PCs.
    On the other 4 PCs it was not possible to open the old Version - I always used the same Link.

Is it possible, that the 4 PCs have new Cookies and the other PC is using some old ones?

I Realy need to use the old Birs Eye Maps, because in the new Version are no such Maps in my region, so please Help me!

Thanks

Chris

Thursday, November 10, 2016 8:47 AM

Answers

• Not really a developer API question which these forums are for, but since I know the answer, here you go. The old version of the Bing Maps website has been retired and won't be coming back. The birdseye imagery is identical in both sites. The only difference was that in the old site it used to show the aerial imagery at a 45 degree angle where birdseye imagery wasn't available. This wasn't real birdseye imagery, this was imagery that was taken looking straight down and was simply displayed at an angle. It actually provided less details than what you would get when looking at the aerial imagery.

There is a lot of new birdseye imagery coming in 2017.

Note, these forums are for the Bing Maps developer API's. Questions regarding the Bing Maps website and consumer products should be directed to the Microsoft Answers forums which is for all Microsoft consumer products: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/bing/forum/bing_maps

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Thursday, November 10, 2016 8:43 PM

All replies

• Not really a developer API question which these forums are for, but since I know the answer, here you go. The old version of the Bing Maps website has been retired and won't be coming back. The birdseye imagery is identical in both sites. The only difference was that in the old site it used to show the aerial imagery at a 45 degree angle where birdseye imagery wasn't available. This wasn't real birdseye imagery, this was imagery that was taken looking straight down and was simply displayed at an angle. It actually provided less details than what you would get when looking at the aerial imagery.

There is a lot of new birdseye imagery coming in 2017.

Note, these forums are for the Bing Maps developer API's. Questions regarding the Bing Maps website and consumer products should be directed to the Microsoft Answers forums which is for all Microsoft consumer products: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/bing/forum/bing_maps

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Thursday, November 10, 2016 8:43 PM
  • Thanks for youre Answer and thanks for the link to the correct Forum, i'll post my Answer there.

For your Information: The imagery isn't the same, that is the reason for my Answer.
    In many, many cases there is no Birds Eye view avilible anymore where it was in the old Version (and that was real Birds eye imagery). I'm talking about more than 10 Citys where I need this...

Thank you!

Friday, November 11, 2016 6:41 AM
  • I have the same problem.

After some search, I've found a turnaround, using this site: http://mvexel.dev.openstreetmap.org/bing/#
    that is intended to show the imagery date used in bing maps, but you can set the "analysis lyr opacity" to 0 and you got the old bing maps!

Hope it can help...

Regards,

Candido Rodrigues

Thursday, March 9, 2017 8:19 PM