none
Need raw Ethernet RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently using the ndisprot sample driver compiled without making changes to it. This lets me send and receive raw Ethernet packets with a protocol number. I need to be able to do this for a robotics project I am working on. In Windows 7 64 bit I could press F8 and load an unsigned driver (the ndisprot sample driver).

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and had trouble entering test mode. I ran “bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS” (without the “”) without any problem. After running “bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON” (without the “”) I received an error message. Searching online revealed that I need to disable secure boot.  I have a new motherboard and skylake processor with UEFI instead of BIOS. I had ndisprot working in Windows 10 on my last computer.

I looked into disabling secure boot and it mentioned putting keys onto a USB stick and I don't want to do that. Does Microsoft provide a signed driver for the robotics community? Any protocol number would work since I am communicating with one or more PIC32MX microcontrollers.

Friday, April 29, 2016 3:37 PM

Answers

• nothing like that is provided. you can also try going into the bios settings and turning off secure boot, many bioses allow you to do this

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, April 29, 2016 4:33 PM