Order Reservation system in windows form with c# RRS feed

• Question

• I want to develop order reservation according to the day production limit.

I want to do it with graphical view . How can i do it . Please give me idea.

In top panel i show order's .Then i drag orders and drop into the day boxes and the day is booked for this order according day production limit.And i should shift order for next day.How can i do it . Please give me idea

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 5:32 PM

All replies

• You ask a difficult question to be answered on a discussion board.  Clearly there are business rules that are not apparent to the readers of this forum. 

You have an analysis and U/I problem first and foremost.  You have to understand the needs of the actual users.  In this case, I assume that the users are people who schedule orders in a physically constrained environment (like a factory, a lab, or distribution center).  How are those people incented?  Are they rewarded for putting through as many orders as they can per day, or are they rewarded for keeping a balanced utilization of resources, or are the measures based on reducing the average time between order and fulfillment? 

Rather than having a person schedule the orders through trial and error, why not perform a mini-max algorithm to try all possible combinations and suggest a particular set of orders for the environment for the next four days.  As new orders come in, you can run a periodic process to update the next day's worth of assignments.

Of course, a person can change the assignments, but it may make sense to have changes in scheduling result from having a user change the priority of specific orders and recalculate the assignments. 

I hope this helps.  Think about capturing the business rules as a first order task.  That matters more than you can imagine.  Model the information model next.  Create user scenarios that you show the actual users and get them to agree or change them... repeat as often as it takes to get agreement.  Demonstrate that you understand your users and your business rules.  Design of the user interface comes after that understanding, because it comes from it.

Good luck

Nick Malik
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 3:44 AM