none
Regardng Connection Pooling RRS feed

• Question

• Where is the connection pool created i.e on the client side or on the server side?

If it is created on the client side then how multiple clients interacting with a single server are able to make use of the pool??

TIA :)

Regards,

Vikas

Kind Regards, Vikas
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 8:11 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for posting.

A connection pool is created for each unique connection string. So  connections are added to the pool as needed, up to the maximum pool size specified (100 is the default).

Please check this document for more information about Connections Pooling. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8xx3tyca.aspx

Best Regards,

Larcolais Gong[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, July 1, 2011 2:50 PM
  • Dear Larcolais,

Thanks for your reply, but still I was unable to find where exactly is the connection pool maintained - the client or the server side ??

Kind Regards,

Vikas

Kind Regards, Vikas
    Friday, July 8, 2011 5:24 AM
  • Dear Larcolais,

Thanks for your reply, but still I was unable to find where exactly is the connection pool maintained - the client or the server side ??

Kind Regards,

Vikas

Kind Regards, Vikas

Hello again,

ADO.NET doesn't always create a connection pooling on the IIS server or SQL Server etc. even if you're connecting from a remote system. Typically, it creats pools on the system where the ADO.NET code runs. Please check this document for more detailed information about .NET Connection Pool Lifegurad. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa175863(v=SQL.80).aspx

Best Regards,

Larcolais Gong[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, July 11, 2011 7:24 AM