How to get the engines (i.e TSQL, Native, Managed, etc) that are attached to a debugged process? RRS feed

• Question

• I can enumerate the processes we're currently attached to using Dte.Debugger.DebuggedProcesses. If I cast the returned Process interface to Process3 then I can also access its Transport (e.g "Default") but if I try to get the engines of that Transport, I merely get the list of ALL engines associated with that Transport.

So for example, even if I connect to notepad.exe with just Native engine, I still see ALL engines when I try to access them that way.

Is there another way?

Thanks!
    Vitaly

Thursday, January 6, 2011 3:46 PM

Answers

• Hi Vitaly,

I haven't tried this (not sure in what context you would require this), but I think you can get the currently attached engines via IDebugProcess3.GetEngineFilter(). I think this returns the engine guids currently in use for debugging the process.

Sincerely,

Ed Dore
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 10:50 PM

All replies

• Hello Vitaly,

Thank you for your question.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Ziwei Chen

Ziwei Chen [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, January 10, 2011 9:19 AM
  • Hi Vitaly,

I haven't tried this (not sure in what context you would require this), but I think you can get the currently attached engines via IDebugProcess3.GetEngineFilter(). I think this returns the engine guids currently in use for debugging the process.

Sincerely,

Ed Dore
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 10:50 PM