Xamarin.forms app crashes on iOS with EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGABRT) RRS feed

• Question

• User74309 posted

I've Xamarin.forms app which runs fine on android but on iOS only on one page it get crashed with error as attached in crash log file. (its so long logs so couldn;t able to add here).

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 8:13 PM

All replies

• User369979 posted

This exception is thrown out mostly because of your memory management. Do you have created an object which has an autorelease reference? This means it may be released at some time in the future by other code. Or maybe you have manually released it somewhere else? Then after that when you use the object again, this error occurs. Since the memory of this object has been released.

The best way to track this issue is to run your project with instrument tools, especially Leaks. Visual Studio for Mac offers this feature in the Tools tab: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/ios/deploy-test/using-instruments-to-detect-native-leaks-using-markheap. Also you can try Analyze => Xamarin Profiler => Allocations on windows to analyze the memory usage of your app. Before using that tool on windows, you need to check on the Enable profiling on the iOS Debug.

Thursday, July 26, 2018 8:44 AM
  • User74309 posted

But this is not happening with debug or even in release mode for my device. It happens with only few other iOS device(which is not in my control). I tried to re-produce so many times on my end, but it doesn't happen. I found those crash logs from xCode crash tool.

Thursday, July 26, 2018 10:08 AM