Access to Windows.Networking.Vpn for developing Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone application

Question

• We are porting application "VPN Shield" that provide VPN access to our client to Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone. With new update of SDK we get Networking VPN API but this is restricted only for teams who have "Microsoft Account Team Representative". How to get access to that API http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/xaml/windows.networking.vpn.aspx? What we need to have to assign such person for our team? Seems like without that API we cannot propose user the same experience as we developed for Mac OSX and Android. I already contacted Microsoft support and they advise ask here for assistance.

Thanks!

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 7:28 AM

All replies

• Please open a "Technical Support Case" for this issue and you will be routed to a support engineer who can make this request for you. Here's the proper link:

https://getsupport.microsoft.com/default.aspx?ccsid=635350403474926190

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 1:19 PM
  • Ok. Just to clarify if I do everything correctly:

1 / I select category "Technical support for Windows Store and Windows Phone App Development"

2 / I select subcategory "Networking"

It asked me to pay 259$ per request. Could you please confirm I do everything correctly, paying 259$ is obligatory to get an access to that SDK and (if it is obligatory) we will get the access for that payment? Just would avoid situation we paid 259$ and we will not get an access. 

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 2:37 PM
  • I forgot - I have another way of making this happen.  I'll get the right people to look at this post.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 2:43 PM
  • Update: the right team has seen this request, I will get an update from them and post it here.

Thursday, May 15, 2014 1:39 PM
  • Hello Matt,

Sorry to disturb - could you please update the status - it almost 2 weeks since last update without any news from you or team you told about.

Kostya

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 8:19 AM
  • Yes, I will do this. I have been out of the office myself and just got back.

Monday, June 02, 2014 3:53 PM
  • Dear Matt,

Sorry to disturb you again - until now there is no signals from your team. Would it be possible to get some clear signal? Probably you can advise alternative ways to contact your team? Thanks in advance!

Monday, June 30, 2014 8:00 PM
  • Sorry about that. I asked our restricted access team about this and they did not follow up. The best thing you can do is open up the support case so we can get the right traction on the issue.

Tuesday, July 01, 2014 12:17 PM
  • Well, that is possible scenario but need your advice - it cost 259$. We can afford it if finally access will be open. But if we will get answer that is impossible - it will be really pity pay it or we need a refund. Could you please point me to any materials / pages where this situation explained or advise the best way to process it?

Tuesday, July 01, 2014 1:01 PM
  • I'm sorry, I don't have that information. I can't guarantee what the outcome will be for any of this.

Tuesday, July 01, 2014 1:06 PM
  • Do this: open the support case. I will pick it up and work with you on it.

Tuesday, July 01, 2014 1:11 PM
  • Update: I finally got the right people looking at this request.  Please contact me directly.

Tuesday, July 01, 2014 7:23 PM
  • Hello, I know this post is from 6 months ago, but I can't find anything anywhere on how to use Windows.Networking.Vpn . How can we have access to it?
    Tuesday, December 23, 2014 7:48 AM
  • It is not open to all developers. As was stated above you can open a technical support ticket in order to have your case investigated but this does not guarantee that you will get access to those APIs.
    Tuesday, December 23, 2014 9:05 AM
  • I know it is not open to all developers, but paying 259$ to have nothing is useless.

Tuesday, December 23, 2014 9:37 AM